Online reviews or testimonials can be seen as somewhat of a double-edged sword. Positive reviews are a powerful tool, but the real power is in the reviewer. A candidate or client willing to spend time reviewing your recruitment agency’s service can turn into a brand ambassador for your agency. On the other hand, negative reviews can sometimes damage your reputation and discourage potential candidates and clients from using your service.
“85% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.”
In this blog we will outline the benefits of requesting online reviews or testimonials for your recruitment agency, and how to deal with any negative reviews in the most effective way.
Where can online reviews be published?
- Your agency’s website (create a dedicated testimonials page)
- Google (any online reviews are presented with search results)
- Your agency’s social media platforms
Benefits of online reviews
- People trust people. 85% of people trust online reviews as much as they would a personal recommendation – it’s a chance to read real people’s unbiased opinion about the experience that they had with your agency.
- Transparency. Having online reviews – whether they are good or bad – shows potential clients or candidates that you are transparent and trustworthy, particularly if reviews have been responded to.
- Effective for local SEO. In short, the more positive Google reviews you have, the more likely your agency is to appear at the top of Google for relevant local search queries. To learn why local SEO is essential for recruitment agencies, have a read of our blog.
- Turn the negative into a positive. If you do receive a negative review for whatever reason, you can use it as an opportunity to learn and improve your candidate or client experience.
How to obtain online reviews
- Ask candidates to review your agency immediately after they have been placed in a role. By seizing the moment, candidates are much more likely to take the time to write a review.
- Once you have completed the recruitment for a client, ask them to spend a few minutes to write a review about the experience they had with your recruitment agency.
- If a candidate or client is thanking you for your help, it can be the perfect opportunity to ask for some help in return by requesting a review or testimonial.
- Ensure that it is as easy as possible for candidates and clients to leave reviews. For Google reviews, ensure that any correspondence you have with them includes clear guidance on how to do this.
- Provide options for where people can write a review or testimonial. It could be an online survey so you can publish it on your agency’s website, links to your social media platforms or links for Google reviews.
How to deal with negative reviews
- Respond promptly. Negative reviews are never easy to read, but responding right away in a professional manner can help turn that bad review around.
- Acknowledge the problem. Shirking responsibility when something has gone wrong, regardless of how big or small, will only cause the candidate or client to become more unhappy with the situation. By understanding the issue with as much empathy and efficiency as possible, you’ll be more able to resolve the problem.
- Reply online. Reply promptly to the negative review or comment online for all to see. By doing so, it shows that you take these comments seriously. Some candidates or clients will even correct a bad review after a successful resolution, so addressing issues quickly can help turn things around.
All in all, promoting online reviews or publishing testimonials on your agency’s website is advantageous as it shows potential candidates and clients that you are proactive with seeking feedback and focused on resolving problems in an efficient manner. In addition, potential new customers will trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations as it builds confidence and trust in the service you deliver.
Are you interested in learning from other recruitment professionals how they manage and grow their successful agency? Download our free eBook today.